Espresso machine contessaDual circuit with Triple-Thermoblock
- Stainless steel housing and black glass sides
- Whisper-quiet espresso pump (max. 16 bar) and steam pump (max. 6 bar)
- Triple thermoblock (simultaneous preparation of espresso and milk froth)
- Actively heated brewing group
- PID control for temperature stability
- Intuitive LCD display with various barista settings
- 4 pre-infusion programs and 7 steam programs
- Pre-infusion and puck drainage
- 1/2-cup function; espresso shot timer
- Manual handling via control lever
- Manometer display for pressure control
- 360° hot water wand, separate no-burn steam wand for the perfect milk froth
- Passively heated cup rack
- Removable 2.5-litre water tank + practical descaling program
- Two stainless steel group handles (1 and 2 spouts) with 58 mm professional diameter – for the largest possible surface area to release all the aromas
Indispensable helpers for the ambitious kitchen. With these appliances, everyone can go on a hunt for aromas and discover surprising flavours.
The housing is made of high-quality, highly polished stainless steel and gets completed with side parts made of noble glass.
Designed and refined in GermanyAs a product with the "Designed and refined in Germany" seal of approval, each "contessa" passes through a 100% single item check before delivery with subsequent "customizing" of the side parts in the Arnsberg main plant.
Passive holding plateThe holding plate is heated by the heat of the thermoblocks. The cups can be heated on the holding plate.
Programming and settings can be set via the display at the push of a button. The display can be set in two languages, German and English. The espresso machine has 4 pre-brewing programs (pre-infusion) and 7 steam programs (from dry to moist). Resetting is possible via factory setting.
No-Burn steam plant
The stainless steamer is equipped with an integrated hose. Through the hose, only the steam nozzle becomes hot. The steam plant has a 2-hole milk froth nozzle, can be swivelled through 360 ° and ensures the perfect milk froth. The milk foam nozzle is easy to clean and decalcify.
Removable 2,5 liter water tank
The 2.5 liter water tank is removable upwards. In the water tank is a lime filter which filters the water.
The brewing head housing and the filter holder holder are made of high quality hard chromed brass.
The stainless steel control lever on the right of the brew group is for manual preparation of the espresso.
The professional pressure gauge is used to monitor the optimal brewing pressure. The optimum brewing pressure is between 8-12 bar. If the pressure is below or above the displayed range, the coffee may be undersized or over-extracted.
Two heating circuits allow you to simultaneously prepare espresso and milk froth. The thermoblocks are made of aluminum diecast with stainless steel pipes.
The power of the individual thermoblocks is 900 W (brewing water), 1400 W (steam) and 150 W (brewing head). The temperature is controlled electronically.
The powerful double-pump-systen with a 16 bars Ulka vibration pump operates in low-noise mode. The steam circuit gets only switched on when necessary. For the perfect milk foam the steam pump operates with max. 6 bars
The Graef espresso machine Contessa is available in classic design. It comes with a housing made of high-quality polished stainless steel; the side parts are made of black glass.